Fam pic

Fam pic

Sunday, November 10, 2013

still a dream

Our first day in Chongqing has been nothing short of a huge encouragement and blessing.  We woke up and headed down for breakfast and to meet our guide to what we thought was going to be a day of him showing us around, and us really getting a bearing on where we are.  We met up with a sweet couple who is also adopting from Love Manor, and walked around near our hotel to find the places we can go to get what we need.  Recommended we get cookies and a small toy for Micah, to make it easier or more welcoming to come to us! Bribery at it's best....absolutely!  But if it makes it easier on him, game on!
We were then walking back to our hotel, and our guide said, "Ok, have a good day!"  It had only been an hour!  So we had the rest of the day to do what we wanted.  We have some former students in the city studying Chinese, and living 40 minutes away!  We had told him we weren't sure if time was going to allow us to come, or them to come to us, but it did!  Can't say enough how encouraging it was to see these people.  It was such a blessing!   Not only was it personally encouraging, but it was really great to see where they lived, and how they did life.  The Father has such an evident and clear purpose for them being here, and to watch them walk in obedience, across the world from their comfort and home, made Trace and I beam.

Tomorrow we will meet our guide to discuss paperwork, and after lunch, GO PICK UP OUR BOY!  I can't describe emotions right now.  Still feeling like I am living out this really long dream, that I am not waking from.  The last month of this process has flown faster than I ever imagined it would.  I don't feel like I'm caught up myself, and I closed my eyes, and woke up in Asia, and a day later we're here picking him up.  It is mind blowing.  Surreal really.  While we are extremely excited, I really don't know what to expect from tomorrow.  My prayer is that we would have a smooth transition, as smooth as possible.  I am praying for fear to be cast out of Micah's heart, and although we are strangers, there would be an overwhelming peace, and not fear.   I pray that our language would not be polarizing to him, but our voice would be a comfort to his ears.  But most of all, that our trust would be in Him, who is before all things, and in HIM all things hold together.  Whatever the situation is tomorrow, however Micah reacts.  I trust Him.  I trust Him with Micah.  I trust Him with this next step.  Can't wait to update yall and introduce our son to you!  

Such a treat to spend time and good conversation with this girl!

So fun to see this guy waiting for us in our hotel!
If you look reeeeeally closely.... you're correct.  That's Trace and C on the scooter.    Trace had a blast experiencing "traveling" through the streets of the city!




1 comment:

  1. so glad y'all were able to see friends!! Praying for Monday....

    ReplyDelete